Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Photo Blog

 J and I heard loud drumming coming from the street about 2 weeks ago and went outside to find this mini parade. I think they were welcoming the Lunar New Year by going around to most businesses and singing and drumming to them for about 5 minutes



Bungeoppang on the street corner. It's a fried dessert with a cream filling. We got this after we went see the new Frozen movie

The neighborhood of Gohyeon and mountains in the background

 We haven't eaten here yet but want to try it! I think it's just a Korean barbecue place

 My 14 year old kids are writing essays in my Writing Class and will present them in J's Speech Class. I helped one boy brainstorm ideas on his superhero that he had to invent. My example is at the top



 This is from tonight's class. We read a passage and there are usually a lot of new words for the kids. To make it easy, I write the Korean word on the board for each English word. This is an example of Korean characters. I'm getting faster at writing them and sounding them out. One of the students wanted to get in on the photo too!

Fellow = saram
Election = seongeo

No comments:

Post a Comment